To Our Amy's Family Around the World
As the effects of COVID-19 spread throughout the world and with so many of us experiencing heightened uncertainty, few things feel more important than to have good, safe food available for ourselves and our loved ones. As a food company, we take this seriously every day, but we are feeling the urgency of it now more than ever.
We want to share a little bit with you about what is going on at our kitchens. Even as the demand on us to get food out there is great, we are committed to the health and safety of our employees and to ensure that we continue to maintain the highest quality standards of food production.
- We always engage in Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs) and cleaning protocols. However, we have significantly enhanced these practices in light of COVID-19.
- We are modifying our production processes to provide additional separation of employees (social distancing), including setting up additional break room areas.
- We are prioritising those products that allow for more production space between employees and products that we can make more of.
- We have supported our high-risk employees during this time, including not requiring anyone 65 or older to come to work but still continuing to provide them with full pay.
- All of Amy’s employees receive paid leave, and we have adjusted operations so that many can work from home.
Given these critical updates to our safety policies and precautions, we recognise that some of your favourite Amy's foods may be temporarily unavailable. We apologise for this and are doing everything we can to fast-track as many of our products to stores as possible. We want to continue to hear from you, and our Consumer Relations teamis here to respond to your cares and concerns. Additionally, we are compiling a list of frequently asked questions that you can also use as a resource.
Although our headquarters and one of our kitchens have a “Shelter in Place” order, the government has prioritised us as an “essential business.”
Please rest assured that we will continue to make safe food for all of you throughout this crisis, and we wish you and your loved ones comfort, peace and health.
The Amy’s Kitchen Family